Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Funny Story


No baby yet. But I wanted to share a funny story. This happened a few weeks ago. Morgan is learning to play the saxophone, and he was practicing in the back yard. You can imagine the sounds that a ten-year-old makes while practicing the saxophone. Well, a few minutes after he began to practice our neighbor down the street shows up on our doorstep, she is dressed in an African style head scarf, big carved wooden earrings, no shoes and a tube top. By the way our neighbor is white. She is armed with a paintball gun. She says that she was prowling the woods behind our house looking for the rooster they were going to eat for dinner. The rooster had pecked through the string that they had bound it to a cinder block with. She asked if she could look in our backyard for the rooster. So, I opened the fence and accompanied her into our backyard. I asked why she brought the paintball gun. She said that the rooster is very fast and that she was going to stun him with paintballs to recapture him. Then I asked her why she thought that it might be in our yard, and she says, "I thought that I heard sounds of a trapped animal in you yard, unless somebody has some kind of horn or something." Then I explained that Morgan is learning the saxophone. She was then satisfied that we weren't hiding her rooster. She asked me that if I see the rooster I should kill it and leave it on their doorstep.


Not one part of this story is made up or exaggerated. Honest.

2 comments:

Conder, Gina, Anna & Nathan Bahen said...

This is so funny you need to sell it to Readers Digets!
Only in America can a story like this happen!!!

Thank you I really needed a laugh

g

Mike and Lori Mallory said...

Unbelievable!!! Truly unbelievable. I thought we were living in hippieville, but that tops any encounter we have had down here.
Love Lori