Monday, January 5, 2009

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!


Dylan

This is the gang at our traditional sundae New Years Eve party.


Paige picked this present out for Dad...good choice sweetie.


Bridgers first Christmas, chilling with Mom.


Paige is watching this movie now, she dances, sings

and acts out the whole thing, it's really cute .


In the end on Nov. Morgan won the school spelling Bee. I wasn't planning on going....glad I showed up. We are so proud of him. His winning word was whistle. He looked nervous, but seemed more confident than most of the kids, and won boldly with out writing the word down, or even hesitating.


Santa brought Pokemon for Brett.


Who's children are these and who keeps arming them? (JOSH)


This has to be my favorite Christmas moment

captured this year. Do yoy think Grant liked it?

Bridger bathing in style! He is 2 months old now



So I am thinking that this blog can go towards my New Years resolution to journal! Sounds good to me. This year has been a year of transisition. We moved, the kids had to make new friends and learn the ropes at their new schools. Josh also started his new job. Just when those wrinkles got smoothed out we had Bridger join us by c-section. We had a lot of help, my Mom stayed for a little over a week, and Renae stayed for around 6 weeks to help out. I think all their sacrifices paid off, because my insicion feels great. On Halloween we finalized the adoption. I liked Toni's take on it, she said something like "What a better day to make the little devils your's." Alas the icing on our cake of adoption, anything less wouldn't have been as exciting. The day after Christmas we Drove to Taft, because some how all of my family got left there, after the Bahen's left town. Unfortunately little Bridger got the croup very bad and we spent the better part of our visit in the Urgent care and ER. Interestinly Jeff Patteno's Mom was our Doctor, she looks just like him...I mean her. The kids thought it was a vacation from Mom, and throughly enjoyed running a muck. He is doing much better now, I thinnking just getting out of the valley helped a lot. I have never had a little one so sick....scary, very scary. I stayed up three day's with him making sure he kept breathing, and the last night was a rush to the ER because he was gasping for air. fortunately that only happened once. We are greatful for the experiences of the year. We know we are blessed. We are looking froward to next years excitement, however I am fairly certain it won't be quite as exciting. Out with the old in with the new, and no Toni I am not treasing you!









1 comment:

Conner Family said...

we love the Bahens! Spencer and Carly still occasionally pray for their cousins, we miss hanging out watching biggest loser by myself is a little lame but whatever it really was a memorable year and even with the drama a treasured holliday season we got to share. Thanks so much